Thursday, June 11, 2009

What did he say???

I cannot remember a crazier time in American politics than what I have seen over the past sixth months. It’s almost as though we’ve traveled to an alternate universe, post election! I’m only referring to my lifetime. I’m sure the 60’s were a lot more intense. But at least those struggles were legitimate.
Now you have old white men saying that they are being oppressed by a black man and calling a Latina one of the biggest racist ever! You must forgive me if I think this is all so hilarious! Is this Bizarro world? Everyday you’ve got some crazy person on TV spouting’ some nonsense and the scary thing is; we elected (not me personally) these clowns!
What is not funny is that all that crazy talk seems to be leading to people getting shot by riled up whack jobs! People forget that free speech does not mean speech without consequences. When will we start holding people responsible for what they say? If you have a radio show where you like to spew vitriolic language to millions of listeners and if just one of those listeners gets inspired to commit a hate crime, you should also be guilty! But no prison for you my friend! We’ll let some of those detainees from Abu Graib rip your fingernails off and make you dip you hands in whisky! Next comes 83 waterboardings.
-L

No comments: