Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fashion: G-Star Raw


I was hanging out with friends a few Fridays back in Park Slope, Brooklyn when my pal Mona asked, “Lovett, do you like G-Star jeans? I love a guy in G-star jeans” I smiled and said, “That’s all I wear”. Well, that is not entirely true. I dig Levis too because every so often Levis makes a product that reminds us that they created this whole jeans thing! My point is women appreciate a guy in a nice fitting pair of good jeans.
I love G-star apparel because of the denim quality, fit and forward styling. Some friends and I have been into G-Star for a few years now. My buddy Cesar went nuts a couple of years ago when during vacation, we found a GS Raw store in the Born section of Barcelona. He proceeded to spend a small fortune and I spent more than I should have. We ate at Bocata (think, the Spanish equivalent of Subway Sandwiches) for the rest of the trip.

G-Star is a Denim brand out of the Netherlands that has developed a kind of cult following among the fashion conscious from Europe to Africa and America to Asia . The brand is known for its experimentation and cutting edge style as well as it dark, industrial palette. Check their website for a closer look.

http://www.g-star.com/flash/content.html

No comments: