Wednesday, July 23, 2008

tips





I was talking to an old friend the other day and he wanted to sit me down to school me on the intricacies of maintaining a healthy relationship. It was quite interesting. Here are 2 of the things the wise old man said men should know.

It’s not enough to just listen: When she has a problem (usually it’s with you) it is not sufficient to sit there silently taking it all in even if you intend to correct every aspect of the problem down to every minute detail. It would be helpful to your sanity if you repeated back to her what she has said, showing a full comprehension, and then simply saying you will (not try to) solve the problem. God help you if she has to tell you the same thing again though.

The little things are just as important as the big things: trust me when I tell you that little things, like doing chores and giving her flowers, make the same amount of difference as the big things like taking her to a fancy restaurant or buying her a diamond ring. Don’t believe me, try neglecting either and see if you don’t get the same backlash.

No comments: