Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An April Fool

at 1:10pm today I sent out the following email to a few of my co-workers:


"I would like to say my time here at Sears has been one of the best times of my life. I’ve gained valuable experience while making many new life-long friends.
That is why this moment is so hard for me. Today is my last day. It has been a pleasure working with all of you and I hope we all cross paths again. Please keep in touch.

lovetthines@gmail.com

Regards,

Lovett Hines
Sears Holdings Corp
Mens Knits Designer
Covington




April fools…"


After sending this, I then went to lunch unawares of the firestorm I had just ignited. Upon my return from lunch, My inbox was filled to capacity. Apparently, a lot of my friends and co-workers did not bother scrolling down and reading my entire message. A directors meeting was called and at 4:15pm I was called into my Divisional VP's office. I'll keep that conversation between us. But lets just say, not everybody thinks I'm that funny...

No comments: