Monday, November 3, 2008

Nov. 4th 2008

Finally, this anxiety that I have been suffering through for seemingly this whole year will be over. It will give way to either jubilation or the agony of yet another defeat. I suspect the former rather than the latter but the Republicans have made crazier things happen in the not so distant past (i.e. Florida and Ohio). I’m going to get up tomorrow morning and vote, not because I feel my vote may be the tie breaker but because my grandparents were sprayed with water hoses so I could have the right to vote. Some may say that our ancestors fought for the right to choose to vote and to abstain from voting if they also chose to. I say, you tell someone that was sprayed by a water canon or bitten by a police dog that you “chose” not to vote… In this election, more than in any before in my lifetime, I feel that voting is my duty.



So, let’s hope that tomorrow, we can start a new chapter in America’s and the world’s history and finally put a lot of those old battles behind us and I can lose this election anxiety.

No comments: